GDPR 1 Day Intensive Course – Dublin
1 Day Intensive GDPR Training Course - Reserve your place.
GDPR - ONE YEAR ON
Why is GDPR still in the news?
Are waste paper bins in the GPO really a GDPR issue?
Why did someone believe so?
These questions and more will be answered for you at this one-day, comprehensive foundational course in the GDPR.
Cost of this course will be €395.00
Venue: Clayton Hotel, Leopardstown, Dublin 18 (Onsite Parking).
20th June 2019
Registration: 09.00 am
Finish: 17.00 pm.
The course will both help you to avoid embarrassing episodes such as the above and show you how to become compliant with the law, and how to leverage that knowledge to help your business.
Delivered by a Certified Data Protection Practitioner and practising Barrister, this course is designed to equip you with all the foundational knowledge that is absolutely essential for your organisation or business, of whatever size, avoid costly errors, and stay safe in what can be a data minefield.
That it may also help avoid fines and costly Court appearances is an added bonus!
Just one such occurrence will more than justify the expense.
What this course provides.
The course is aimed at those who have to solve the practical, real-life issues facing organisations and businesses on a daily basis, and to help you put in place realistic achievable solutions to the issues you face every day, and to help you have a clear understanding of what paperwork you require to ensure that you can be compliant, and show that this is so, both to any regulator, but also to your staff and customers alike.
The course is designed for all those who handle personal data, and who need an overall understanding of how GDPR affects their business, and need to know just exactly what they need to know and do, in particular:
This GDPR course is ideal for professionals who handle personal data and who need an overall understanding of how GDPR will affect their business.
Key people mainly include:
- Sole Traders
- Company Directors and Managers
- Sales Professionals & Marketing Managers
- IT & Project Managers
- Accountants and HR Managers
- Safety Health and Quality Managers
- Risk and Compliance Managers
On completion, you will be given a Certificate of Training – GDPR Fundamentals. This can be used by you or your company as evidence towards the training requirements under the GDPR.
Please note that at present there is no available certification qualification under the GDPR itself.
Full documentation is included, along with a light lunch, and light refreshments during the day.
Course content includes:
- Brief Background overview
- Scope of the EU General Data Protection Regulation
- Key definitions
- Processing, consent, legitimate business interests, data profiling,
- What is Personal Data?
- Data Controllers, Data Processors and Data Subjects
- What are the obligations of the Data Controller, Joint Controller(s) and Representatives?
- Data Subjects’ Rights.
- DPO obligations
- Anonymisation and Pseudonymisation
- Data Breach Management
- Breach Notification requirements
- Privacy by Design and Privacy by Default
- What does the Regulation say about transferring data internationally?
- Why do you need to know about your legal basis for processing data?
- How must ‘consent’ be obtained under the new rules?
- What must be included in a Privacy Notice?
- How can you demonstrate that you are processing data fairly?
- How do you process data “lawfully”?
- What are the new rules regarding children?
- What is data portability?
- What rights do people have to see, change or restrict the use of information held about them?
- What is the right to be forgotten?
- Must I delete someone’s data on request?
- When must you undertake a Data Protection Impact Assessment?
- Does GDPR make the appointment of a Data Protection Officer compulsory?
- How can an individual make a complaint about the use of their data?
- Infringements and penalties.
- Criminal Offences
- What remedies are available?
- How must an organisation respond to complaints?
- Examples and lessons from GDPR Year 1
- GDPR Action Plan
Cormac Clancy – Barrister, Course Presenter.
Cormac Clancy – practises at all levels in the Irish Courts for individuals, partnerships, SMEs and multinationals. He has a background in customer relations and management.
He is a Certified Data Protection Practitioner (Law Society of Ireland Diploma School) and has been advising on and been involved in data protection matters for several years, both as lawyer and consultant.
He presents workshops and training courses for the Data Protection Group and speaks at data privacy events, such as INM’s Dublin Data Sec 2018 in the RDS and the Government Administration and Procurement Summit 2018 in Citywest.
Our GDPR Turnkey Solutions;
Our Intensive GDPR training workshops and courses are an excellent starting point for you to understand and manage your GDPR compliance. We offer a complete GDPR solution and can work with you to build a compliance file for your business, conduct audits, compliance checks, customise policy documents to suit your profession and industry sector.
There are limited seats,
Reserve your place today.
We have agreed *reduced room rates* with The Clayton Hotel for course attendees.
Irish Supreme Court rejects Facebook bid to block ECJ data case
European Data Protection Board – Eleventh Plenary session: Guidelines on Codes of Conduct, annex to the Guidelines on Accreditation, annex to the Guidelines on Certification