GDPR Readiness Assessments
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) imposes obligations and places significant responsibilities on companies to be transparent and compliant in their data handling processes. This requires them not only document processes and how they safeguard information on identifiable living persons but companies must also be able to evidence compliance with all elements of the GDPR.
Many companies are unsure of how to progress with these obligations. The first step required is to review your current practices against what’s required, document the gaps and have a plan to bring your company and your organisation up to compliance.
You then need to implement this plan and reassess and evidence your improved level of compliance.
What can we do to help?
Many companies may not be in a position to conduct such reviews or to fund the recruitment or training required for a member of staff to be a Privacy lead or a DPO (Data Protection Officer) if required under the law.
To meet this need we at the Data Protection Group have a variety of options available such as;
- Once off consultancy and advice services
- Audits to identify the gaps.
- Remediate and build any required policy documents, procedures & staff training.
- Build your Policy documents through our new online platform
- Sign up to one of our Contract services for Privacy lead consultant, Data Protection Officer (DPO), Online policy document platform and several other services.
- Credit reference agency Equifax fined for security breach 20/09/2018
- UK says free flow of personal data from EU not guaranteed if no-deal Brexit 17/09/2018
- Solicitors’ patient data demands anger GPs 17/09/2018
- Mozilla co-founder’s Brave files adtech complaint against Google 13/09/2018
- Facial imaging software detects 28 cases of welfare fraud in 2018 12/09/2018
- BA hacked: 380,000 card payments ‘compromised’ in breach 07/09/2018
- Air Canada app data breach involves passport numbers 04/09/2018
- Google and Mastercard Cut a Secret Ad Deal to Track Retail Sales 31/08/2018
- ‘Serious data protection flaw’ in Student Leap Card system 31/08/2018
- GDPR Age of “Digital” Consent 28/08/2018
- Handbook on European data protection law – 2018 edition 28/08/2018
- Privacy law upending €173bn ads market 24/08/2018
- Health regulations will allow use of personal data without consent 24/08/2018
- GDPR 1 Day Intensive Workshop Dublin September 18th 22/08/2018
- Some 37,000 Eir customers have been hit by a security breach after a staff laptop was stolen 22/08/2018